Dine, shop in West Chester this weekend and benefit from local emergency medical, police and fire services
WEST CHESTER – One hundred percent of QR code donations will go to local fire departments, police, EMS and healthcare workers as you sip, shop and dine in West Chester this weekend. It’s all part of the First Responders & Health Heroes Weekend taking place December 10-12 during the Illuminated Holiday Weekends at Chester County Hospital in West Chester.
“This is an initiative that we are promoting throughout the month, but we are really taking the time to focus on it this weekend to ensure that the health heroes who have supported our community throughout the pandemic receive our gratitude this holiday season, ”said Katie. Walker, chairman of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, the organizer of Chester County Hospital lights up holiday weekends in West Chester.
Visitors to West Chester can donate by scanning QR codes visible on road signs throughout West Chester, as well as on postcards displayed at checkouts in stores and restaurants. Donations are also welcome anytime on GreaterWestChester.com.
The Free Festive Weekend features the following, as visitors enjoy Christmas lights block after block, beautiful Christmas window displays, and the unique shops and restaurants that make West Chester so vibrant:
Friday December 10
• 5:00 p.m. – Classical guitarist Brad Rau performs his favorite holiday songs at Taylor’s Music at 116 W. Gay St., West Chester
• 6 pm-7pm – Vacations around the world at the Oscar Lasko YMCA (1 rue Chestnut E.). Take a trip with us, explore different cultures and how they celebrate holidays around the world! Free and compulsory registration for 3 time slots on https://ymcagbw.org/events/holidays-around-world
Saturday December 11
• 1 pm to 3 pm – Free hot chocolate and coffee at Founds-Feryo Cremation And Burial Services, LLC Christopher Feryo FD located at 229 S. High St .., West Chester.
• 2:00 p.m. – Making Spirits Bright musical series featuring the Fugett Middle School Choir and Notre Dame Women’s Choir outside the historic Chester County Courthouse at 2 North High Street
• 3 p.m. – Santa Claus is coming! Say hello to Santa as he tours the neighborhood in a fire engine.
Sunday 12 December
• 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Touch a truck! West Chester Ambulance, Police and Fire Department trucks and construction vehicles will congregate in the parking lot on Chestnut and Church Streets in downtown West Chester. Meet the firefighters and sign a thank you banner to let local heroes know how much we appreciate their service!
• 11 am-3pm – From homemade charcuterie boards to hot chocolate bombs, the Hot Chocolate Holiday Market will be held at the Charles A. Melton Arts & Education Historic Center. With over 25 local vendors offering bath, body, crafts, crafts, delicacies, unique products, services and much more! Food trucks, Bubba’s BBQ and Maggie Moo’s. Admission is free, including activities for children and photos with Santa Claus! Brought to you by the Cocoa Moms of West Chester.
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Selfies with Santa at Align.Espace at 2 West Market Street, West Chester during a community open house. Santa, hot chocolate, crafts, holiday music and more!
For details on daily events, visitors should be sure to check an updated calendar on GWCC.org.
Chester County Hospital and over 50 local businesses make it all possible. On First Responders & Healthcare Heroes Weekend, special thanks go to: First Bank, sponsor of the Making Spirits Bright holiday music series, Delphi Wealth Management Group, sponsor of the Santa on the Fire Truck contest , Tolsdorf Oil Lube Express and West Chester Downtown Foundation.
Entire blocks of the borough are lit up thanks to premium sponsors Benchmark Federal Credit Union, First Bank of New Jersey, Oakbourne Advisors, West Chester University, West Chester Business Improvement District and West Pharmaceutical Services. Half-block sponsors include AJ Blosenski, Inc., CTDI, Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, Media One Products, Penn Oaks Golf Club, Rothman Orthopedics, Rudloff Custom Builders and West Chester Dental Arts.
The Holiday Lights Quarter Block sponsors include Buckley Brion Mcguire & Morris LLP, Dave’s Automotive Repair Enterprises, First Resource Bank, Fred Beans Ford of West Chester, Infiniti of West Chester, La Difference Salon & Day Spa, MacElree Harvey, Ltd ., My Benefit Advisor, Northwestern Mutual, PECO, Rothwell Document Solutions, S&T Bank and WSFS Bank. Blue Dog Printing provides digital printing support.