🌱 New Mooresville Publix + Baby born 2/2 + Mack Center wins
Happy Wednesday neighbours! Let’s keep up to date with what’s happening locally to start today on an informed note.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Morning showers; clearing. High: 69 Low: 53.
Here are today’s top stories in Mooresville:
- Iredell County Government: Statesville man charged with felony death by distribution and other drug-related crimes. (Press Release Office)
- NC ‘Twosday’ Baby Born 2:22am 2/22 in Hospital Room 2 (Mooresville Patch)
- Lowe’s worth watching ahead of fourth quarter results; Target Price $287 (FX Empire)
- Publix will open another grocery store in the Charlotte area, anchoring a new mall (Charlotte Observer)
Today’s Mooresville Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- City of Mooresville North Carolina: “Congratulations to the Charles Mack Citizen Center, whose recent makeover earned the facility the “Top New or Renovated Meeting Site Award” by Convention South. The hospitality organization has announced the Charles Mack Citizen Center as a…” (Facebook)
- Mooresville Police Department: “Agents Harding and Duarte spent time this morning visiting Miss Castille’s kindergarten class in Langtree. While there, the duo read a book and each child received a book, name tag and pencil to take home. Thank you, Miss Castile, and…” (Facebook)
- Mooresville Public Library: “Teens, looking for your perfect book? Still can’t find “the one”? Join us tomorrow at 5 p.m. at the Mooresville Public Library for a fun night of speed dating where attendees will read, mingle, and fall in love with YA books!” (Facebook)
- Visit Mooresville NC: “Want to see your name and photo printed? 😉 We’re working on our visitor guide and want to publish YOUR IG or FB posts. No one tells you more about what to do in Mooresville than the people who live and visit here! Tag just us in…” (Instagram)
- Feed CN: “While it takes more than a meal to eliminate hunger, Feed NC is still serving our neighbors in need with fresh food and meals. February is National Hot Breakfast Month and we serve Monday through Friday , from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Learn how to lower your risk of heart disease during American Heart Month (February 28)
- Get a “taste of paradise” during this exclusive Atlantis event (February 28)
- Add your event
Do you like the Mooresville Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Wednesday on the right foot. I will see you soon!
— Cassie Fambro
About me: Originally from Texas, I have spent most of my life in Alabama, but recently moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. I have a keen interest in motorsports, which makes the Carolinas a great area to live. I have a decade of experience in journalism, graduating from the University of South Alabama with honors in journalism with a double major in psychology and a minor in criminal justice. I spent about five years of my career in front of a camera in the TV news, but I spent years in the print media and even won a few cool awards like an Edward R. Murrow award along the way. I enjoy covering stories in education, health, government, and most importantly, stories that directly help people and improve their lives in some way. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my partner Matt and our two cats, Kenly and Gotenks, going to new restaurants and hanging out at racetracks.