🌱 Recycling Myth Busters + Alternative Water Meeting + Cannabis
Hello Bedford! It’s me again, Paula Constance, your Bedford Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather cloudy. High: 62 Low: 44.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through small business consulting and coaching services. Whether you run a family business, a medical or legal practice, or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a large selection of high-quality pet food and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, self-service pet wash, pet boarding and even a dog bakery!?! Pet Friendly on Colby Ct. is a local, family-run business – and their passion is your pets. Meet up with your four-legged friend today or learn more here.
- Looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience connecting buyers and sellers of luxury properties in southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5 star customer reviews, Marianna consistently delivers results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at email@example.com.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- “One person CAN make a difference in recycling!” say it Northeast Resource Recovery Association in a recent Bedford Public Library Publish. Recycling just one can save enough energy to run a computer for 3 hours or a TV for 2 hours, they said. And if you recycle a 6-pack, you can save enough energy to run a computer for more than a day. The Northeast Resource Recovery Association busts common recycling myths and misinformation that can make recycling more difficult. You can find out more here: (Facebook)
- Find out about the agreement between the town of Bedford and the Saint-Gobain plastics plant to Merrimack for provide clean alternative drinking water for Bedford residents impacted by PFAS contamination on Wednesday 4 May, at 6.30 p.m.. The NHDES said in a press release that the online briefing will consist of “discussing the details of the agreement, the steps that will follow and answering questions”. You have to register to attend the meeting. Read more here: (Bedford Patch)
- A bill to legalize adult marijuana use in New Hampshire has gone up in smoke. Eand The Senate committee voted against a bi-cannabishe which would operate on the model of New Hampshire’s state liquor store. The Adult Marijuana Use Bill, by Rep. Daryl Abbas, R-Salem, proposed a state-run liquor store model for cannabis. Abbas said the bill he introduced would help mitigate social impacts, adding that the field sobriety test is an issue that needs to be addressed. Those against the bill included Chief John Bryfonski, Bedford Police Chief. You can read the full story here: (Nashua Telegraph)
From my notebook:
- Boston Marathon: A shout out to the Bedford runner Kayla Coffey, who recently moved to Bedford. His finish time at the Boston Marathon was 3:23:43. Congratulations Kayla! We are proud of the runners who participated in Boston Marathon)
- NH Animal Rescue League: “A big thank you and congratulations to Maddy who visited the shelter yesterday to deliver a huge cart filled with donations of pet food and toys she collected for her birthday. Our pets thank you, Maddy!” (Facebook)
- Scouts: Start the 7 Week Walk-a-thon. (Turn to 10)
- Bedford NH Police Department: “We will be participating in the DEA’s National Prescription Drug Drop-off Day as a collection site on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. You can also dispose of your unwanted/unused vape pens/e-cigarettes.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Bedford Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following and staying informed! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with another update.
— Paula Constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I am engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.